Our Board is chaired by Heather Hancock and has between eight and twelve other members. They are responsible for the overall strategic direction of our organisation. Day-to-day management is delegated to officials through the Chief Executive.
The Board is mainly appointed by the Secretary of State for Health. One member is appointed by the Welsh Health Minister, and one by the Northern Ireland Health Minister. Information about how the Board works can be found in the Code of Conduct and Standing Orders documents.
Attending a meeting
You can attend open meetings to see the Board's discussions about our policies.
The Board holds it's meetings in public and publishes meeting agendas, papers and decisions.
You need to email us to register for a Board meeting.
All personal or business interests that may be perceived to influence their judgement should be declared. Such interests include involvement in the agriculture, food and related industries.
- Heather Hancock - Chair of the FSA Board
- Laura Sandys - Deputy Chair of the FSA Board
- Ram Gidoomal - Board Member
- Colm Mckenna - FSA Board Member for Northern Ireland and Chair of Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee
- Paul Williams - Board Member
- Rosie Glazebrook - Board Member
- David Brooks - Board Member
- Stewart Houston - Board Member
- Dr Ruth Hussey - FSA Board Member for Wales and chair of the Welsh Food Advisory Committee
- Mary Quicke - Board Member
- Stuart Reid - Board Member
|Date||Type of meeting||Location|
|20 June 2018||Board and business committee||York|
|19 September 2018||Board and business committee||Cardiff|
|5 December 2018||Board and business committee||London|
|Meetings in 2018|
|14 March 2018||Meeting, papers and video|
|Meetings in 2017|
|6 December 2017||Meeting, papers and video|
|20 September 2017||Minutes, papers and video|
|21 June 2017||Minutes, papers and video|
|15 March 2017||Minutes, papers and video|
|23 November 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
|21 September 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
|13 July 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
|18 May 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
|16 March 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
|28 January 2016||Minutes, papers and video|
Our Leadership team.